What a wonderful day I had today...it doesn't get much better! At church Pastor Jack talked about all those sayings your Mother taught you. He'd even asked for suggestions on Facebook. I knew some of my Mother's most famous bits of wisdom could not be shared in church: "Slam it, damn it!" "That looks like an abortion that lived", I knew you were coming so I washed my ...." He did say that his Mom used to say "tears are the price tag for love", that must explain why I can be so weepy when it comes to my family. You guys are very expensive!!
Then it was off to Tori and Jake's for Brunch and she did her Momma proud. They set beautiful tables on the back porch and the food was delicious and the sun was shining down on my little family.

I got to take a quick little nap on my porch on my new birthday furniture with a beautiful new outdoor carpet that is scarlet zebra stripe that Jon Michael rolled out for me for Mother's Day. It's so cozy on my porch!

The party continued at Kelly & Mike's. Nothin' better than a cook out, a little soccer, and lots of giggles. Mom, much like myself, was so happy to be surrounded by her babies, She was holding court! I loved watching Will play soccer like one of the little kids. Did I mention the world's largest planter full of geraniums that Will and Ann brought me for Mother's Day. He'd been nursing it at the Beck's Greenhouse all winter long! My day could have only been more complete if the Kiki and Clan were with us.
We are one lucky bunch of Mothers and I love you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home