Blue Skills Baby, Blue Skills

Camp William was glorious! Stevie, BeBe and I arrived a 12:00 on Saturday.Kim, Jon, Chris,John and Avree were there. Tiff and Bryan and Abby and Ty pulled in shortly after we arrived. Mick, then Logann arrived and then Johnny and Hillary arrived. Hillary is very cute and nice and it was so good to see Johnny. Kim prepared a lovely summer lunch for everyone. When did she have time to make all that? Anyway, it was delish, patio salad, pasta salad, cucumber sandwiches and banana bread. After lunch Kim and Jon and I and Ty and Abby and Averee all went down to the pond. It was delightful. Hic brought us drinks and we floated and sipped. Jon played king of the floaty doc with Abby. It was really relaxing and so enjoyable.I cannot imagine a better way to spend a summer afternoon. BeBe made shrimp ramakis. Mick showed us all how to make a fire from friction it was quite impressive, let me tell you.
It was nice to hang out with Bryan and get to know him a little better. It's easy to see what Tiff sees in him. He is a very nice fellow. Tiff and Bryan just seem to "get" each other, know what I mean? Ahhh, Tiff can I blog some more about you on here? Are you uncomfortable enough yet? Ty, Abby and Averee were so much fun to be around. Averee loves Mocha A LOT. And Mocha loves Avree too. Averee whispers stuff in her ear. I don't know what, she wouldn't tell me. Abby was so cute on the little dirt bike with the BIG helmut on and Ty was just smiling and having a good time whatever he was doing and he was doing a lot, ring toss, paddle boat, corn hole. He's a pretty happy little guy. I love it! BeBe sat on the porch and drank beer like a good ole' Country Granny should. Stevie and I and Logann and Abby and Mick and Averee all went on a really muddy trail ride on the four wheelers that was a blast and we were covered in mud and got stuck and everything. And Averee and Abby both acted like it was the most normal thing in the world. I was amazed. We were really in the jungle bog blues and they just waited for Mick to figure a way to get us unstuck. And Stevie is really a good, fast driver. Really brave and gutsy. Logann splashes a lot of mud. Logann, if you were any cuter I don't know what I would do. And is their anything better than looking out on the lake and seeing John, Jon and Ty out in the boat fishing? It's so peaceful looking and Ty came back and reported that he caught a blue skill all by himself. Blue skills are the best. Christy's dinner was sooo gooood. Oh my, it was comfort food to the MAX, Really good meatloaf, like the best ever and mashed potatoes, her corn that she cooks her own way, like really hot and really long, right? And a spinach souffle dish that was sooo goood we ate it alll gooone. Oh, and And Abby made brownies. So, after dinner I think it was LRC, Lonesome Dove and then off to bed for me. Ohh, after lunch we did watch about an hour of Michael Jackson videos. And when we went to bed Logann and I ans Stevie all talked about Michael while laying in the dark until we fell asleep. Isn't laying and talking in the dark so terrifically fun? Even if it was a sad topic. I did not know him personally but I think the feeling of loss is great for everyone and I think everyone wanted that guy to be happy. I hope he was. He really seemed to love his children and I think they brought him happiness. I think so. I really do. I still have this nagging feeling that we all let little Michael Jackson down in some way. I try not to dwell on it too long because I don't want it to break my heart come true. I just try to think about him dancing and smiling and laughing. The french toast breakfast casserole Tiff made for breaky was so divine I've daydreamed about it a couple of times since. Well,I really needed to get away and it was perfect. Thank you to my whole family for making me feel included and loved. I love you all so very much!

5 Comments:

  1. Tiffer Sniffer said...
    Kelly, you're so cool! And yes I love when I get to read about myself! So thank you for the kind words! You're so sweet and I love ya!
    logann elizabeth said...
    Kelly that was a fabulous post and you did a great job explaining just how great the cabin was. Have you gone blonde yet? I want to come see.
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    nooooooo. I will let you know.
    Cathy Rogers said...
    I can almost taste the food and most certainly feel the love. You have no idea how much I miss all of you.
    hick said...
    yo, it truly was a super fantastic weekend all u need is love

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home