OMG,OMG,OMG

IKNOW I started My Lonesome Dove BLOG so you could be relieved of these type of postings BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got an actual e-mail with MY NAME ON IT from the Lonesome Dove Event Assistant. Yes I Did! AND Her name is Valerie which is a name I have always loved. So, here it is! Oh, if it were only real mail on LD Letterhead I would frame it. I'm HALF tempted to ask her to re-send it to me Via snail mail....Maybe I'll ask her a compelling question and then ask her to respond (on letterhead)tee-hee Sorry, you will NEVER be safe from Lonesome Dove postings...I did try though, to spare you, but to no avail
SO! Without further adieu...I present to you my email from Valerie, from the Lonesome Dove Headquarters at Texas State University in San Marcos Texas(Where KP went to college) my email...

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your interest in the Lonesome Dove Reunion; we hope to set a new date as soon as we see some improvement in the economy. Everyone was disappointed that we had to postpone this year’s event, but it had become clear we weren’t going to generate the support necessary to achieve the kind of success and fundraising dollars we hoped to realize. We are confident that the support we’ve already generated will result in an even bigger and better celebration in the future!

I’ve added you to the email update list, so you’ll be among the first to hear when we go forward with our plans. You can also check back with us at http://www.thewittliffcollections.txstate.edu/ for updates as well as information on new Lonesome Dove merchandise. A special 20th anniversary edition of Bill Wittliff’s A Book of Photographs From Lonesome Dove will be available for purchase from the Collections later this summer.



Thanks again for your interest and understanding.

______________________________________
Valerie J. Anderson
Lonesome Dove Event Assistant

The Wittliff Collections
Southwestern Writers Collection
Southwestern & Mexican Photography Collection
Alkek Library | Texas State University-San Marcos
512.245.2313 | www.thewittliffcollections.txstate.edu


Did you get the part where I will be among the first to know.... Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal. I KNOW! I will write her back and tell her I am the President of the Lonesome Dove Fan Club. Cuz, I am, as long as there isn't already one that I don't know about. Must research this PRONTO because once she learns this I'm pretty sure I will be among the very first to know about any forthcoming news. You know, first the Event was cancelled and I was pretty sad and then my Beloved Farrah died and I went home last night and got prepared for an evening of Farrah news on all the news programs and then MJJ died.I did get to see the Barbara Walters special last night about Farrah and it was quite lovely. Jacqueline Smith said some very sweet things about her dear friend.
And, about the letter, I know it's a form letter, but I don't care. She DID put my name at the top and on the subject line it says Lonesome Dove on it. How cool is that?

3 Comments:

  1. Kelly Haemmerle said...
    I have to go post this on my actual LD blog now, bye, Isn't it cool that I blogged about it first here though? Probs because no one goes to my other blog. Well, I do have one follower and my friend Mary went there once I think. But that's okay. I havn't oficially declared myself president of the LD fan club YET! But when I do, watch OUT Pioneer Woman, watch out.
    Tori said...
    You are a lonesome dove icon.
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    good one.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home