Wow, what an experience. I went to my first auction ever today and it was a BLAST! It was two model homes being closed out. So we showed up before hand to scope out all the pieces and they had everything from books, accessories and lamps, to complete bedroom sets and couches. It was great fun. So we scoped out a few things and came up with our top bids and waited for the fun to begin. First off, some people got some amazing deals. Twin headboard for 10$, and dining room table and chairs for 100$. Some things went for dirt cheap. I ended up winning and a giant frame and print for just $20 dollars and a really cool eggplant purple sitting chair for my guest room for $45. Then, I couldn't believe it, I realized they match almost perfectly. So it was meant to be. We put some bids in on some mattresses and lamps and whatnot, but most of them went out of our max-bid range. I really wanted this awesome bust, but it went for too much and I figured I could probably find one myself. There is another model home close out auction Sept 26th if anyone wants to join the fun!

Saturday Jake and I shopped the entire earth looking at flooring and all that sort of fun stuff. It made me absolutely exhausted. I cannot believe we get our house on Friday! You are all welcome to stop by, although we probably won't be staying the night on Friday, since we don't get our new mattress until Saturday.

I worked all day Friday, so I didn't do too much, when I got ome Jake and I had another date night in the basement. we watched The Breakup and ate popcorn while it rained. Quite fun.

Now for my movie reviews. On Thursday I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife with Megan and our friend Courtney, for Meg's bday. It was good, but not as good as the previews, I would say. It was very romantic though and I liked it, but you could probably settle for a rental. I of course love Rachel McAdams, but I will have to say I thought The Notebook was better, although it is pretty hard to beat. And I cried. No surprise there. Then on Saturday, me, Stevie, Jamie and Jake went to go and see Post Grad, with Alexis Bledel, aka Rory from Gilmore Girls. I looooved it. It was so cute. Michael Keaton was in it too and he was hysterical. All in all I was very glad I got to see it and it exceeded my expectations. I feel like I have seen something else, but probably not so I guess that wraps up my movie reviews for this weekend. Steph got to see 500 Days of Summer, which she said was good, but I haven't had a chance to see yet. hmm.. work and moving just in the way of my movie-going sometimes.

And can you guys believe Ty had another bday!! 6 years old! My my my, how time flies. When he told me he was turning six, I had to do my math, because it seemed too old. My little monkey boy is going to be 16 before we know it! Hopefully Tiffer will post some bday pics! Hope everyone is enjoying the cool weather and it stays nice for our move over the weekend!

1 Comment:

  1. Kelly Haemmerle said...
    I'm so glad Rory's movie is good. I cannot wait to see your new house.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home