BOTTOM HANGING DOWN

Movies rule my life. And “Dances With Wolves” left an indelible impression. I love that movie so much. The music. The scenery. The struggle. The story.

I love the characters.

Kicking Bird. Oh, how I love Kicking Bird.

Stands With a Fist.

Wind in His Hair.

Smiles a Lot.

Dances With Wolves.

Movies. They’ve always profoundly dictated my thinking. I apply them to all of life’s situations; I simply can’t help it.

On another note, I still haven’t solved the peace-shattering mystery of Stands With a Fist’s shoulder length, layered hairdo. I wrote about it back in 2006 and I’m still plagued. I’m still angry. I know some have suggested that she cut her hair because she was mourning the death of her husband, but I don’t buy it. The layers are too symmetrical, the teasing too perfect, and it screams Early 1990’s.

Kevin was the director. Why didn’t he do something? Why didn’t he intervene?

It may be the only thing separating me from true happiness.

But at least Wind in His Hair’s final cries to Dances With Wolves redeem it all for me:

“Dances With Wolves! … Dances With Wolves! … I am Wind In His Hair! … Do you see that I am your friend!? … Can you see that you will always be my friend!?”

Boy, is that scene a killer. It’s one of the great tearjerking scenes of all time.

I’m crying at my desk on a Thursday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home