So random it's scary

1. I remember Aunt Sandy's wedding, but I think it's only because of the pictures we have. But I still can't figure out why she got married in Indiana? Or maybe she didn't, someone help me out here.
2. I remember Mom and Dad's 25th Wedding Anniversary (Surprise Party) Once again, without the pictures I'm not sure how much I would remember)
3. Christy & John's Wedding! Thank goodness for picture albums! I wonder if I would know who I am if my picture wasn't on my license.
4. Antelope Club Picnics (Christy competing in all activities, and mostly winning)
5. We went to some big Oktoberfest Downtown. KiKi I think you were there. Lowenbrau was a big sponser and there were big tents and long tables. KiKi I think you wore a plad skirt and knee socks and loafers and you danced. Okay, my memory is random and detailed or nothing I guess.
6. Christy & Johns little house (first house?) And there was a greek bakery in the strip mall next door. I have instant recall of every inch of that house and all the fun we had there!
7. KiKi taking me to work with her to all the courthouses around Indiana and looking at all those cool old smelly big books.
8. Kings Island
9. Florida/Sunburn/Swiss Vanilla Extract
10. The day Marjorie BeBe moved away. Ugh, still sad about that.(I think that's when KiKi started taking me to work with her, I was a sad little chicken for a while)
11. One day I tried to jump a fence on Webster and got the wind knocked out of Me and thought the end was near.
12.Someone on Webster had chickens and we chased them down the street. I think we moved shortly after this.
13. Playing in the sewer water when Webster would flood. Hello?
14. My fight with Lou Ann Poisel. I already posted about this but anytime I can say or write that name, I must.
15. I used to run wild with Carla Dikus(like the chickens)and one time we went to the bowling alley and I saw Mom's car drive by looking for me! I was soooo scared.We also used to go down to the railroad tracks and that's bad because those conductors have guns and they will shoot you! I really think that's true, still. There was a scary little lean to by the tracks where people would go to sniff paint and glue, and a scary old house by the bowling alley were transients stayed.
16.Let's move on to Eagle Nest where there are no train tracks that I know of. On the first day that the pool was open I was so excited I jumped in with my socks on. Jeff and Jay Harris laughed at me.
17. That bird at Aunt May's house that would drink out of a glass.(It wasn't real)
18. snapping beans at Grandma Gracies.
19. Grandpas paint by number horses on the back porch.(love)
20. The picture of Jesus above Grandma and Grampas bed.
21. Okay, I have that entire house memorized, and everything we did there and everyone who was there. And Aunt Mary's house too.
22. When i got in a fight in the cafeteria at 92 and the smell of the sour sponges we used to wipe off the tables.
23 Banging erasers, so much fun.
24 Getting to write on the chalkboard (heaven)
25 There was a little window(pass through) from the kitchen to the dining room on Webster and Mom had a little mirror sitting on the ledge and she had little glass animals on it and it looked like an ice skating pond and I loved it. I have the little gold, oval mirror frame still. They used to sell these cute little glass, porcelin hand painted animals at the Hallmark store,soooo cute!

3 Comments:

  1. Tori said...
    so cute. my memory is awful, i have to rely on pictures a lot, like you!
    Tiffer Sniffer said...
    oh no! not random at all!!! wow! memory lane overload! loved every second of it! I remember Aunt Mary's house had a porch and there were beds on the porch and I always thought that was strange. hmmm, or did i dream that??????
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    There were two twin beds end to end on Grandma Gracie and Grandpa Jims porch (right next door to Aunt Mary's)When cathy was a baby Mom was changing her diaper and she rolled out the window. or did I dream that?

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home