blogability

I have to tell you my INCREDIBLE news! I got home today and there was a package on my kitchen table from Carlee and I'm thinking,"Hmmm, what could this possibly be?" So, I open it and...What to my wondering eyes should appear but a Lonesome Dove soundtrack tape! Oh to the My to the Goodness! I absolutely could not fathom my good fortune! What have I ever done to deserve this amazing gift? Carlee's card said she had found it amongst her old tapes and thought I might like to have it. Talk about the understatement of the year! All I could think of is, How does she know? And then I realized that possibly she read some post of mine about Lonesome Dove or maybe even checked out my Cowboy Blog. Which is terribly neglected I might add. Anyway, I am just beyond thrilled as you might imagine. The happiness factor is def in the upper levels. So, I find a tape player, headphones and batteries and hit play and I am completly swept away in a cocophany of sound that thrills my ears! It's violins and mandolins and it's beautiful and I recognize these sounds immediatly and they are beautiful and clear and I just am loving it. So, everywhere I go I have this beautiful soundtrack playing in the background and it makes everything I do seem way more interesting. As if walking into the laundry room is of such  great import that you need a crescendo of violins to mark the occasion. Well, if I get no other presents this year I'm set. What a lovely, thoughtful surprise. I think I will go to sleep tonight listening to track number seven called Murdering Horse Thieves. (Not Bees) haha.B-E-E-S! Anyway, Oh mercy me, I've often thought that I would like to have the Soundtrack but I've never seen it on sale anywhere and I just thought maybe someday I would be lucky enough to own it and little did I know that today was the day. I remember when I was 16 and bought Stevie Nicks Bella Donna. That is how I feel now. I feel as excited as a little girl. I love music and I love Basil Polederis who composed and conducted the soundtrack. I wish you could all here it. I just really wish that you could al hear it. Oh thank you Carlee, you little Christmas Angel you!

2 Comments:

  1. Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Basil won an Emmy for the LD SOundtrack.
    Boo said...
    That Carlee is a special angel!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home