Fireside

My house smells like fire right now and I absolutely love it. Having a wood burning fireplace is absolutely the best! Jake and I planned on staying home all day, but of course I needed to pick up a few things from the grocery and I picked up lunch from Qdoba. Then when I got back home, Jake had found that the grill he wants to get for us is at Lowe's, so we decided to trek to Lowe's. The grill is a christmas present from Meemaw and Peepaw! Anyway, after Lowe's while Jake was setting up the grill I put on my new Christmas CD "A Very special Christmas 7". It was AWESOME. I think I listened to it like 4 times. Anyway, I wrapped up all the presents I have bought so far, which is probably about half, which isn't too shabby. I loved every minute of it, plus I got a great deal on wrapping stuff at hobby lobby this week while they were having a sale. So after that, Jake wanted to break in the grill so we invite his 'rents over for Jake's best ever steaks (he really does make them especially well). We had a perfect south beach dinner: grilled steaks, baked onions, red pepper and green peppers with some seasoning and EVOO and a delish mixed greens salad. Oh! And wine! I picked out the very best white wine. Well I don't know about the very best, but it was really good. I got it at Sam's (that's the best place to buy wine and beer) and it is from the Oliver Winery which is in Indiana. Anyway, it is a soft white wine and it tasted almost just like kid's wine, but without the fizz. I was really surprised when I took my first swig because I totally wasn't expecting that. But it was so yummy and went perfectly with dinner. Then we all settled down and watched Star Trek for about the millionth time, although the Vieke's had never seen it. But it was glorious, because we had the fire popping and xmas tree and mantel all lit up. Oh! We also took our Christmas picture today. The cards won't be until late this week or early next week, but don't worry, you will be getting one! See ya'll later ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home