Matteo's

Dinner was at 7:00. I parked in front of the Antique Mall. I window shopped a litle and realized I hadn't been on the square in a long time. There are speakers playing music on the light posts. I'm not sure why you need music when you are on the sidewalk. But, okay. Maybe I need to go to a city council meeting sometime. I probably would have said. Let's update our sewer systems instead! Or something like that. I see a nice glass bowl that I desire. I think about how old these buildings are. I saunter along the sidewalk, it's not freezing out and it seems balmy. I think the piped in music is making me feel funny. I'm the only one on the square. I feel like Truman.

I pull on the door and enter Matteo's. I like it in here. It feels good in here. Nice Vibe. I am greeted and seated. John and Christy are already here. I imagine what it will be like for Stevie to be working here next weekend. Exciting! She will do great. Hostessing is fun. We are seated in one of their big long comfy womfy booths that I love. John and Christy look fabulous. I order a Stoly up dirty. It comes with three big olives and it's in a big glass and it's peerrfect.I ended up pouring the last sip down my bra. Mike saw Me. It was funny. Kinda felt good. hahaha. sorry. I completly missed my entire head with the glass and poured it straight down the front of me. My depth perception was waaay off. It was a big glass, I dunno.

Mike showed up and ordered an italian beer. Kim and Jon then arrived and Kimberly ordered a lemon martini up no sugar and Jon ahad a glass of red. The Buis's were having martini's too. It's a sophisticated bunch here. C&J ordered a delicious bottle of white wine and I got to do the taste test. Well, actually I butted in and grabbed the glass and maybe I'm not so sophistcated but it was goooooood and I didn't  regret my zealous move. It was worth it. Light and fresh! Delicioso!

Christy and John told us all about their hotel in Las Vegas. Aria? I think that's it. Sounds deluxe. Jon told us a nice story about India. I'm laughing to myself because I am not telling you the truth about either of these stories and let's just say that neither of them were suitable for the occasion and our sophistication meter was sinking dangerously low.

We had bruschetta and bread with dipping oil and both were very enjoyable. Enjoyable to eat, look at and smell. If I could hear them i bet they would sound good. Their was beautiful music playing, the temperature was perfect in the room as was the lighting and it's clean.

I can see Matteo scurrying about in his white coat and he is so cute. His beautiful wife Emily comes to the table and we talk about Stephanie and how she bought a new outfit for her first day of work and her cool demeanor which will serve her well in the Restaurant BIZ.

I ordered the risotto which I just polished off for lunch and I really loved it. I've never has risotto before and it had mushrooms and roasted red peppers, spinach, aspaagus and mushrooms in it. Oh was it gooood! I also had a chopped salad and chicken soup. all delicious. After dinner I had a cup of coffee and Emily brought us all a lemoncello. And then she brought us a piece of teramisu (yum) And then she presented us with a flaming molten chocolate espresso desert that was new and really rich. So much fun! I was just feeling so happy and full. Italian food is the answer~ Whatever the question.....I love it. It was so much fun having dinner together. So unexpected and delightful. It was ridiculous!

Our waiter was very nice and went to school with Bo. We know this because he prounounced Buis correctly and we immediatly interrogated him. His name was Nathan. I think the department that Matteo's absolutely exceeds in is hospitality.

2 Comments:

  1. Tori said...
    Sounds like fun! You think money should have gone to the sewer department for Mike's sake! (even though mike works in westfield, it doesn't matter). Sounds so extravagant!
    JonHirsch said...
    I didn't start the disgusting conversation...

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home