Thumbs down

Ok, so I usually just post pics but today I have an opinion to post! I was watching the awards last night and enjoyed myself but am left with this slight bit of criticism. So here it goes:

Yes I think that Taylor Swift is a cute little thing, but when it comes to singing with Stevie Nicks the candle she held last night quickly blew out when singing with a legend. It was somewhat hard to sit there and not think to myself, "WTF?". Was it just me or was she off key, straining the chords, and reaching for Stevie's high notes? It wasn't happening for her. It just shows what an effortless talent Stevie has. It reminded me of the time that Britney Spears sang with Michael Jackson. They sang together on an awards show and it was obvious who the natural talent was. Some just stand out, some have to try really hard, or just rely on todays technology to make their instrument flawless. Maybe I'm a bit too critical, but when it comes to the vocals, I think the Pop Singer of the year should be flawless.

And that's all I have to say about that...............

4 Comments:

  1. Boo said...
    Uncle Jon said "she must be having a technical difficulty", we both agreed shw was really off key and not keeping up with Stevie. How about the song of the year...Put a Ring On It?? Bobbie says that's a good omen.
    Tiffer Sniffer said...
    I said the same thing! I now believe in omens!!!!!!!!!!!
    Unknown said...
    Well said Tiff well said!
    Tori said...
    I agree. I like Taylor, but she isn't the goddess everyone thinks she is. Most the time I think she sounds pretty lousy live. If you can't sing live you CAN'T sing.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home