She used to be a baby!

Well, tomorrow little Stephanie will be seventeen(like the magazine). So, that means seventeen years ago today I was pacing in front of Woody's Tavern on the sidewalk. I'd go in and sit down on a black vinyl and chrome swivel padded bar stool for a minute and then get up again and go outside and pace. Actually, I woke up in Mom's queen size bed this morning seventeen years ago with the blue cottage cheese bedspread and decided to take a long walk to get things rolling. Yes, I did. Nic and I walked from Moms house in South Harbour to what is now Ziggy's. It was hot too. Then I took a nap and when I woke up, walla, contractions. Then, I think Nic had to bar tend so I went to Woody's with him which was the opposite direction of St.Vincents, but, well, that's another story. It was a long day and night. SO! Finally we got in the car and headed to the hospital because it was beginning to HURT! We got to the hospital and they checked me out and they sent me AWAY! ugh. I could not believe it! A first of many things that were hard to believe. So, we got a room across the street from the hospital at the hotel there and Nic fell asleep and I climbed the walls all night. Oh!! Lawsy Mercy! What a night. What a long,long night. Then before the sun rose I woke the sleeping Prince and we went to the hospital,again. This time they decided I could stay. Thank you very much. Nothing much happened but an epidural and some patosin (sp)Then My beautiful Mother and Sisters arrived, really a very bright spot in the day. I cannot thank you all enough for coming to the hospital and just being there for me that day. Wow! Did I ever need you guys. My memory is of a gray dull hospital with cold impersonal medical staff. But when I remember My family being there you are all golden and sparkly. I'm convinced that you guys being there saved me that day. You are all my heroes. The good news is my baby having days are over. Not that I don't make the most wonderful kind of baby's I just make hard work of it. I know that day was hard on us all and is a testimony to love and endurance. Whew. Anyway, as we all know I pushed till the cows came home and FINALLY with some help Stephanie arrived. The miracle is that she seemed fine. It wasn't an easy day but the little girl made it through. And what a blessing she has turned out to be! She changed my life and made it so much better. I love my little Stephanie very much and I am so glad she is my daughter. And I'm so happy I have such a wonderful and loving Mom and Sisters. We all came together that day to bring Steph safely into this world. She has blessed me continuously since the day she was born. And just like the day she was born You ALL have helped me raise her just by being there and just by being who you are and loving us. She has a really strong group of women supporting her and she feels loved and supported. She changed my life the day she was born and I learned how much I am loved by my family because you never left my side that day, or since. I love you all.

8 Comments:

  1. Tori said...
    love you! Love this post! Love Steph! Love the story. Love to tell ya that it is spelled pitocin (its tough)!
    Tori said...
    And holy crap! bebe's to ziggy's! That is friggin' redic! I wouldn't walk that far no matter what state i was in!
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    What did Ziggy's used to be called, I can't recall.
    logann elizabeth said...
    There you go again kelly making me cry!! I loveee that post and the story. Oh and i love you
    hick said...
    you even got tears out of me one that one you deserve a pulitzer prize for that post
    Tori said...
    what was this bebes in north harbour? bc thats not that bad. i was thinking of bebe's current house.
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Yes, North Harbour. What was the gas station called then though?????
    Boo said...
    Friendly Foods I say as I'm balling like a baby. Great Post!! I love you too Tally!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home