Lucinda-concert review




I got home from work last night and Amy called and said she had two tickets to go see Lucinda Williams at the Vogue. Tom had hurt his back and couldn't go. I said, "let's do it!" She came and picked me up. She looked super cute with her hair pulled up. silver hoops, turquoise necklace and turquoise short sleeve shirt. Really nice pair of faded jeans, cool belt with hand tooled red roses on it and a big square belt buckle and really cool light tan colored cowboy boots and a leather purse, tan and slouchy with cool stitching and was slightly over sized and pretty make up on. I had on a pair of dark blue jeans and a white indian style shirt with little white shells and beads sewn on it. I had my moccasins on and lotsa bracelets and multi colored strands of love beads and my hair in an amazing ponytail(ha)and I had on some make-up too! We got there and it was super crowded so I used my finely honed concert skills to get us a pretty good place to stand so we could actually see the stage. We each did a shot of whisky and on with the show. Her band was gloriously amazing, the sound was awesome, she was super cool. She usually has blond hair but it was darker and shorter and she had on a white shirt and a black vest and jeans. They really rocked! The drummer was really a force to be reckoned with. Lucinda is sort of a female Tom Petty with a twang. A little rougher around the edges lyrically. SHe is known as a deft songwriter and one of the best around today. She's from Texas but works out of Nashville, hence the Kick butt band she's touring with. Really entertaining and fun night. Amy bought a cool tank top. The crowd was really a strange mix of people. I think there was a full moon or close to it and she just has a following of quirky people. A lot of female couples. Some hippies, some drunk folks. It was a little bit hot and I went and stood outside a couple of times to get fresh air. Anyway, it was a great concert and Lucinda is the real deal. Tom, hope you feel better soon. He's seen her before so I didn't feel too bad. Thanks Amy! Thanks Lucinda!

2 Comments:

  1. Tori said...
    loved the outfits!
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Yea, I told her we were like cowboys and indians.hahahahaha

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home