Season Premiers

Has anyone watched any new shows that they really love? I haven't found one yet that I'm crazy about. I watched NCIS L.A. It was good, but a little predictable. I watched Modern Family but only caught the tail end. Seems funny enough I guess. It seems like there is a new trend in comedy and all the writing is similar to the movie Knocked Up. Really self depreciating and awkward. So, that brings me to Cougar Town. Maybe I will just need to give that one time to hit it's stride. The humor is very adult. And it's kind of pitiful in a way. I dunno. And Courtney's face is slightly stretched or something is different.(Maybe New Christine already has this bit down?) Then there's Eastwick, which I was pretty excited about but I'm not sure it's original enough. Sad. Sort of sloppily written. Maybe it will improve over time. And again, lots of sex talky stuff,a la Desperate Housewives/Sex in the City. I hope it gets better. We shall see. I watched Mercy and it's pretty good actually. A little edgy a little Grey's Anatomy-ish. I think I like it, but I missed the end. I think it has potential, though a bit depressing actually. Everyone is cynical and broken. I actually for some reason end up watching the Mentalist a lot. It's SO DUMB! But, that guy is so cute. And the story lines are so weak. Parks and recreation is on tonight. I think it will be a lot like The Office. (Which is funny as heck, so crazy)May be by the same people. Well, that's all I got. Chime in won't you?

2 Comments:

  1. Kelly Haemmerle said...
    And can I just say that I don't like shows with platforms/agendas? Like lifestyle or political agendas. You know what I mean? Or shining the light on a social issue. Like sexting is in the news so the next week it's part of the story line. ugh. That drives me crazy. That's why I like shows like The Office or whatever. No agenda. Absolutely no agenda.
    Tori said...
    I have DVR'ed a few things but haven't watched any yet. We recorded Modern Family and Cougar Town! And of course, our old standby is The Office, we absolutely must watch it every week!! Don't wait Greys anymore, BORING.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home