Shipshawanna Baaayyybyyyy

Isn't that funny? Like Shipshawanna is so cool you would ever say bayyybyyy behind it. hahaha. Anyway, that's where I went last weekend. Actually I went to Quaker Haven camp and took a day trip to Shipshawanna. 19 people from Hinkle Creek Friends went and rented a cabin for the weekend. It was fun and interesting. It was fun to get away. Mike didn't go, he stayed home and kept the home fires burning. Ain't he sweet? Anyway, We also went to Napanee. I had the very best cranberry nut muffin in the world. And really good apple butter. The Amish are sooo cool. Especially the older women, so stoic. Love it!

4 Comments:

  1. Boo said...
    You probably didn't get to visit the Shipseawnna Flea Market...It's a little like the Christmas Show on crack?? I was in Napanee last weekend and Mike Davis's sister Patty, who lives there, took me to the Amish Grocery. Oh my mercy - I was in Heaven. Dad would have had so much fun with all the herbs, spices, and different types of ground flour for bread making. The fresh Blueberry pie and still warm loaf of white bread were pretty good too!
    Welcome Back!
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Ohhhh! The flea market was not open. I did go to a hardware/grocery/fabric store in shpshwna. I mostly just like staring at Amish people. I think they glow. Like their skin and eyes are really clear. I figure it's from not eating preservatives and hfcs(high fructose corn syrup)And whatever else it is they do. Hang their laundry out to dry. I dunno. I like em' though. I'm kinda related to them I think, being a Quaker and all. Anyway, that's what Stephanie says.
    Tiffer Sniffer said...
    i still wanna go to these little places you go to Boo! i think it would be fun to visit little towns, and buy there apple butter and ride their ferris wheels! i'm really in, i wanna go with you!
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Tiff, honey, You ARE apple butter and ferris wheels.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home