It's been a while, sorry Tori!!!!!!

It's been a while since I've been on...........holiday time has me busy at work and by the time I get home I'm ready for bed! So my apologies to the Boss Lady and all! Just popping in to say hi, leaving for work in 2 mins but was missing my Clarkies! Also, grandma Essie would be proud of me, I practiced my Thanksgiving pies yesterday, cuz I've never been in charge of pies EVER, and I attempted the Holy Apple Pie! What a success! Now, I did have to call Boo Boo and ask her what it meant to........oh crap, I can't remember what the exact phrase was, but something to do with cutting the butter into the flour and sugar? Anyway, it worked!!!!! I also made a pumpkin and a pecan pie! I'm feeling my inner Essie coming out!!!!!! And as I stood there proudly above my three beautimous pies, Bryan comes over and says to me, " Wow, you're actually on the road to cooking like your mom. I'm quite impressed!" Now whether that was a dis or a compliment, I'll choose compliment!!!!! So I let them cool and left to take my neighbor to the airport to see her dying grandfather (which she got the phone call on the way that he died, that was awful), I relied on Bryan to pick the kids up from fitness club after school and get started on homework. When I got home..........oh.........you know where this is going......................................................my pies...............oh yes! Abby says ,"mom, that apple pie is awesome!" Bry says,"Um, I let Ty cut his own piece but he really liked it!" And Ty was shoveling his face with pie and oreo cookies on his plate! And all I could do was smile! They loved my pies!

Have a great day everyone! Boo Boo is coming in to get her hair done today and then we are going to lunch if anyone wants to join! I love you all! (translation-ya'll to my TN girlz)

xoxo
Tiff

1 Comment:

  1. logann elizabeth said...
    Ughh I totally feel the pressure to be a fabulous cook like our mothers.. You oldies set the bar pretty high for us youngins.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home