Every Single Day....

100 Times a Day I check the blog! And when I do a verrrry fuuunnny thing happens. Every single time something catches my eye over on the right hand side of the page and it's a picture of all of us and Mom trying not to show her teeth. See it? Yes, there it is. Lovely isn't it? Everyone looks so happy and nice. Except there is something else that pops out of the picture at me that maybe you never noticed, maybe you did. And that thing is this. MY GRANDMA GRACIE BUTT! Do you see it? It's a certain little hip shelf that used to belong to my adorable little Grandma that I have inherited and am proudly displaying here for all the world to see and me to point out to you today! SEE IT? Aint it great? Can we get a PHOTOSHOP expert in here to maybe crop the dang picture so I can stop looking at my heiny? Now, it's quite possible that this little picture may be responsible for my sugar denial I am going through, but. anyway, there it is I said it! I have Grandmas butt in the picture to the right and while it was so cute on her little self I'm not ready for it quite yet. I love you Grandma Gracie! I remember when you used to walk up the stairs and give a little toot with each little footstep. And I remember how you used to dip each little popcorn in a little dish of ranch dressing. I remember your hands and your smile and your hair. And your brown smiley eyes. I remember how you loved your family and how your belly would shake up and down when you laughed. You were a very loveable Abuleta and very cushy to hug. I remember your kitchen and the way you held your purse in your lap and your cottage cheese bedspread and the picture of Jesus above your bed.

Now, I have to brag about myself, okay. Mom said My post about faith reminded her of the things her dad used to say. I cannot stop thinking about it because I simply adored him and for her to compare me to him in any way is the highest compliment I could receive, so I am just thinking about how i felt when she said that, like am I hearing right? Ahhh, James Elisha Jobe, how I miss you! I only knew Grandpa as a child so I don't remember him talking to me about God. But I do remember coloring and soup and Old Spice, Listerine and corduroy slippers and white t-shirts and good whistling. And his hands were brown and I loved those hands. Thank You God for such wonderful Grandparents! When I think of what heaven might be like I think of those two wonderful people! *sigh*

1 Comment:

  1. Tori said...
    beautiful!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home