QUAKER

These are the Testimonies of the Quaker Religion:
TRUTH
SIMPLICITY
HONESTY
EQUALITY
INTEGRITY
PEACE
Mike and I will become members of Hinkle Creek Friends on Sunday.
We will become actual real life Quakers!
I will have to wear a bonnet now, wherever I go. And a skirt!
justkidding.com
Oops that was not honest or truthful! Well, I have 6 days to practice being good.
Anyway, I'm kinda scared about it because I have a liberal side to me that might get me into trouble with some of the more conservative Quakers at my church. So, I just have a few small questions for my pastor and then I'm pretty much good to go. He is very diplomatic and sweet so I don't see any deal breakers in the near future. Anyway, I hope not. He's got a bible with my name on it that I cannot wait to behold. Anyway, next Sunday at 10:30. My new name will be Hester.
jk.
When I am a bona fide Quaker I will try to explain the whole silence, baptism, communion thing that makes us different from most Christian faiths. We may even have Quaker roots because one of the Quakers I read about in the book I'm reading last name was Clark. Is that a stretch? Maybe. But My Pastor, one of his forefathers was one of the valiant 60 who brought Quakerism to America in the first place. ISN"T THAT INTERESTING? Well, if you think Quakers are bad you better tell me now because I'm gonna do it.
NAMASTE~

2 Comments:

  1. Tori said...
    congrats! No real deal breakers in, I say. It is all about the big J-dog, not the petty laws that bind different theories. You can be catholic, baptist, quaker, shaker, or whatever, it doesn't matter to me, what matters is accepting and loving jesus. it's actually very easy, and I know you have done that so it is all that really matters. right! Love you!
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Right on Tori! That's exactly what My Pastor said too! You're good!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home