Pompeii Purple


Well, my home pedi is complete, not spa quality of course, but better than nothing! I went with pompeii purple, a classic OPI color. It is about a bazillion years old and I think it is actually my mom's that I stole from under her sink. It is called pompeii purple, but it is actually more of a hot pink, with purple undertones. I really like it because the purple is kinda metallic-y so it looks different in different lights! First, I tried an orangey-peach color that just wasn't not giving me enough POP! and then I tried The Thrill of Brazil which is a usual fav, but it is very matte and I needed something a little bit shinier. So, that is how I settled on Pompeii Purple and now my back hurts from being all hunched over. It is hard to really do quality work on your toes because they are so hard to get too! I did finish packing too! except for my makeup and a few toiletries! I am proud of myself because it all fits perfectly in the suitcase without having to stuff it and jam it in. yay. although I know I totally overpacked, but a girl's got to be prepared.

ps- I don't think the pic gives the true quality of the color. Like I said the purple shines through in specific lighting, but it gives you an idea. And I am proud of myself for spelling pompeii! Now I just need to shave and I should be cruise-worthy, but I am going to wait to do that on Saturday so I will still be fresh when I hit the deck on Sunday!

4 Comments:

  1. logann elizabeth said...
    I am soooo jealous you are going on a cruise!!!! You should probably be prepared to gain a couple pounds. The food is AMAZING and endless. You can also oder cookies and milk at night. They heat the cookies and it is just the perfect snack to fall asleep with in your belly :) I cant even wait to hear stories and pictures!! Also, i think you made a perfect choice for your mani / pedi
    Tiffer Sniffer said...
    Just so you know!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is BeBe's toe color! Only I would know that!!!! Ahh, how presh! Grandmother like granddaughter!
    Tori said...
    Ok! I totally thought that it looks like Bebe's color. I almost described it as very similar to bebe's! eek! I don't know if that is good or bad??
    Tori said...
    oh and i am prepared to eat non-stop. ugh. i am really going to try and not make myself miserable. maybe just breakfast and dinner, with an afternoon snack. I have abstained from drinking any alcohol this week in preparation.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home