Paul & Elsie

So, if I haven't mentioned it before, I have the absolute most adorable neighbors! Their names are Paul & Elsie Hooper. They have been married FOREVER (ican't remember how long), but they are cute as a button. We don't see them much because they spend most of their time in Florida, but they keep a house in Nashville because they have always lived here and they still have a son that lives here. So, when we see them it is an absolute delight. What I love about them is that when I come home from school or work they are usually lounging in their chairs under the car port, drinking scotch in their jammies! Elsie is soo tiny I am truly scared that she will blow away if the wind picks up! She also went to Belmont in the early 40's when it was an all girls school. Last time they were here, she showed me an old Belmont yearbook and it was so fascinating. She really had class. Paul pretty much built Smyrna and the surrounding area from the ground up. He was a developer, and kind of like peepaw, even though he is "retired" he always has is foot in the door somewhere. What I truly admire about Paul & Elsie is that they are soo sweet and have amazing stories! Sometimes I just hang out under the carport with them talking for hours about this & that & in between. Makes me feel a part of the good ol' days. Did I mention how cute Elsie is? haha. They are both in their lates 80s but are completely self-sufficient and know how to have a good time. One time, Elsie told Jake that she never ate breakfast because she did not like any breakfast food until she found the perfect combination: A Miller Highlife and a bagel! And that is what she has for breakfast every single day! Oh I could go on & on about these two for they are quite the couple. I am working on getting a pic with them so you guys can meet them too, until then, I will just keep gushing!

2 Comments:

  1. hick said...
    they sound great, when we come to visit sometime I'll have breakfast with Elsie I don't like breakfast food either a Mimosa and peanut butter toast does it for me
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    A bloody Mary and a salmon schmear. (like Hirschfelds Christmas morning!)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home