Hi dolls! I made a really great coffee this morning. I dropped my espresso pot and it splattered all over my tile floor a few weeks back. It was very sad. So now, when I want to froth my cream, I have to put a coffee cup in there to catch the extra unused water. It is quite complicated. Anyway, I definitely feel like I am becoming a morning coffee drinker. I am not sure if I want to be or not. I mean I like coffee, but I don't want to have coffee stained teeth or anything, although I don't feel like that really happens and now there is so much whitening technology I wonder if it is really an issue. I should probably take this up with Amy. But on the other hand, when I let the dogs out in the morning and stand outside for at least 5 minutes I get so chilled and no one wants to be chilled, so it is always better to come back in and warm up with a hot cup o' joe. I think they are the reason all of this started. Because it has been so cold in the mornings (and i know it is only going to get worse) and I am out there with the doggies. I also only drink it if I am not planning on going back to bed when Jacob leaves for work. Like today, I decided I needed to stay up and spend some time relaxing on the couch before I start all of my chores.


First off, I have my scrapbooking mess to clean up from yesterday. It felt so good to finally scrapbook! I got the dogs pages done, but I think I want to go back and buy a new scrapbook to put them in. I ended up using smaller pages so I need a smaller book to put them in. I also need to get to the walnut and poo cleaning. But I also need to fill in all the holes in our trim (that has been done for like at least 3 weeks i am guessing) with wood putty, and then do some paint touch ups, but I have no stir-sticks so I will need to get some of those too. I also have laundry and cleaning, but I will probably do the cleaning tomorrow.

Tonight should be great though because Jake is going to come home and cut the grass and then we are having salmon for dinner! Yummy, my fav. And then we will hopefully get all cozied up on the couch in front of the fire. I love having a fireplace. That was one of the things I knew I had to have in our new casa.

I am reading a new book. I may have told you. It is called "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger (great last name, right?!). She wrote "The Time Traveler's Wife". It is very good so far, although I feel I just haven't had enough time to read it as much as I want (another goal for today, or maybe this evening in front of the fire). It is about two twins who had some falling out and no longer speak, for over 20 years. After one of them dies, she leaves everything to her twin's daughters (who are also twins). So these little twins head off to London and live in their aunt's flat (although they have never met her). What they don't know is that their aunt's ghost is still there and blah blah blah. That's about as far as I have gotten. Except I still don't know why the original twin's are estranged other than a few mentions of Edie running off with Elspeth's fiance (who is now Edie's husband and the younger twins' dad!). Drama, I know. Anyway it is good and I like it! I will keep you updated on the story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home