Threaded

So I got my eyebrows threaded yesterday. It was an interesting experience. They tell you that threading is better for the skin than waxing, but I also think it hurt more. The pain was probably less than what you feel when you get waxed, but when you get waxed it's like ripping of a band-aid. You do it once and it is over. Well with threading, you get it done over and over and over. Ouch. I like the results though. It had been awhile since I had my brows done professionally (I've been known to wax them myself) so I needed a good touch-up. So I guess I am still undecided as to whether or not I am a fan of the threading. I mean, either way, I guess it is going to hurt. Oh, the price of beauty (actually it was only 8$! can't beat that!)

Well, it is another rainy day. I really like rainy days, but I really despise wet dogs. I was supposed to work today, but I got called off. Since I am the newbie I haven't had any "peel" hours (which means hours where you have been called off work) so I am the first one to get called off anytime there are too many people on the schedule and not enough babies. Normally we have about 20 babies, right now we only have 14 and therefore need less nursed. So I guess I have to build up the peel time some how. So here I am on a rainy day with nothing to do. I am sure I will find something, although I thought yesterday I needed to get everything done since I would be working today and tomorrow. I mean I already made dinner and everything. I still need to get my Indiana license, but who wants to do that in the rain? I might help me not smile though I guess. I was thinking about watching a scary Halloween movie, but I feel like that is more of a group activity. I really want to watch Sleepy Hollow though and it would be a good day for it even though my usual rainy day movie is Goonies, or Dirty Dancing or Edward Scissorhands. But I also have some good romantic movies lined up waiting to be watched that I'm sure Jake will be glad I viewed without him. He really likes Sleepy Hollow.

Maverick loves his backyard. And I love that he loves his backyard (except when it is raining and he wants to go out all the time). He just goes out there and walks around and scopes everything out. Usually Lila just runs around and follows him. Ever since I tore out all the tomato plants they like eating all the leftover tomatoes on the ground, so that works out for me I guess. He loves to chase the squirrels too! Luke came over the other day and was watching Mav outback while we were talking and he said Mav came really close to getting one before it hopped over the fence. Anyway, when it's raining I let the dogs in and out through the garage.

I have decided to watch Nights in Rodanthe. I read the book and I've just had the movie sitting around forever waiting to be watched. So here it goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home