Dinner at Charleston's

I had the occasion to dine at Charleston's in Westfield this evening and I give it an A and I'll tell you why. First of all Charleston's has the best atmosphere of the mid priced restaurant chains, non pariel. The brick and the dark wood and the lighting is perfect. Our server was so delightful. She was friendly, attentive and knowledgable. It was warm and cozy, perfect for a cold, wet January night in Indiana. I have not been to Charleston's in eight years. The last time I was there I was on the way to the hospital to have Conner. Mike and I stopped at Charleston's on the way and i had a cup of their world famous potato soup. Deluxe! So, anyway. I opened with a ceaser salad which was spicy and salty, maybe slightly over dressed but not enough to ruin it. It came with a croissant that was fresh and moist. Croutons were fried as they should be. I ordered the special which was Mahi-Mahi with a salsa relsih on top. Vegetable medly and rice. ALL delicious! Not too fishy or overcooked, not too salty and the vegetables were still crunchy and not over buttered or seasoned or limp and slimy. I was delighted! Jayce's french fries were almost (not quite) as good as McDonalds. He's so sweet he let me have some. Then! Conner was to full to eat his chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and chocalate syrup. SO! I helped and it was scrumptious! The cookie was real tasting and the ice cream was sooo creamy and it was french vanilla! Everything I had was good. I had one of Christy's carrots and it was honey glazed and amazing. I think everyone should go eat there. John and I finally got to celebrate our Birthday's together. And Jayce had a french fry that was shaped like a J he said but he also said it could be a scar, a pirates hook, a fishing hook, a pipe, a snorkel and a gun. Wow! I was impressed. That's some imagination! He also sang me the firefly song which was totes presh. totes. presh. So, there is my restaurant review. Oh, and Christy said her ribs were super great too! So, there you have it. That's all she wrote, about that.   

2 Comments:

  1. Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Uhmm,okay, maybe the potato soup isn't WORLD famous. But I do feel like it is one of their signature items.
    Tori said...
    Omg! I just ate breakfast and I am already starving just thinking about this delish meal. yummy. Perfect descriptions, you must have learned that from the pioneer woman. The last time I went to Charleston's was before my very first homecoming dance when I was a freshman. Hilarious, right? And I agree with your assessment of the atmosphere, spot on.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home