I'm so silly


Well, I watched Message in a Bottle on Thursday night. (sigh) Then last night The Notebook was on (double sigh) And it's the middle of winter in Indiana and I havn't seen the sun in days... So,

This Morning on my way to work I stop at whitehouse donuts in Westfield to pick up donuts for work. Kind of a fun thing to do and their donuts are non pariel. So I walk in and Mr. Hicks is on the phone. He works there with his son who owns the joint and bakes the donuts. I can hear him say "We will miss him, thank you for calling." And then he hangs up and tells all the guys sitting at the table who are always in there in the morning that their good old Buddy died last evening and that was his son on the phone. So, I tell him how sorry I am and I order my donuts and he tells me that his friend had altzheimers and his wife would drive him to the donut shop so he could hang with his buds while she would sit in the car and do puzzles while waiting. Well, I could not get out of there fast enough and cried all the way to work. Mr. Hicks is so sweet. I really like him. He is from Kentucky and went to University of Kentucky on a four year basketball scholarship. I kinda want to work there. He reminds me of Dad a little. He doesn't really look like him but He's tall and thin and he is so sweet to me. It's called White House because the shop was originally in a white house. And I keep remembering Noah saying

That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is.

I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah

1 Comment:

  1. Tori said...
    tear.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home