Lets talk about my Birthday, K?

Well, first off. I'm 45 now, which is cool because of lotsa reasons. One of them being that if I live to be exactly 90 I am exactly middle aged.
Isn't that the dumbest thing you've heard in a while? I know. 
And another reason it's super cool is that I love the number 5. It's so easy to count by fives. I was born in 65, I'm now 45.
Dumb as well, I'm aware. 
If I live to be ninety I will probably walk with little tiny schoochie steps. I'm a slow walker now. I could potentially be twice as slow.
That's Math.
I feel like I've been alive for a very long time so if I'm only half way through this awesome movie that is my life I think I will just get a refill, take a pee, and settle in for part two. So, as you can see I've set my sights on ninety.
Holy Anchovie, that will be the year 2055! Ohhhhh two fives! The double nickle! Sweeeeet!
Being the star of my own movie has it's drawbacks so in my infinate wisdom I've done some really great casting changes that I think have really enhanced said life/film. I am no longer the star of my own movie which has made all the difference. I make a much better crazy aunt, kooky neighbor, quirky sidekick than femme fatal. Not that I was a bad FF I just didn't see a future in it.
Lotsa scene changes, costume changes and some really bad ideas later I can honestly say it ain't been boring or pointless. Predictible at times, painfully so, yet authentic. Confusing and sometimes sad, my life has been about self discovery and self acceptance.
Now, part two should be more about selflesness I think. Imagine a tight close up of ME and then the camera makes a panoramic  shot on a big boom and you see beauty everywhere you look. Above Me, below me, before me and even behind me. I'm surrounded by beauty, because it's my movie and that's how I see it. I now have boundries, opinions & standards that were not in place before. While most are born with these qualities I had to go find mine. It's just the way the Man designed me. Now I know that if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything. I've put down roots, have a vantage point and can now blossom. Growing old ain't for sissies and it aint for lazy folks neither. Learning how to work has changed my life. Mike taught me to like working. Only because it makes sittin down even more fun by comparison. It's all relative. Please don't ask me what I'm talking about or why I'm talking. I think Tori asked me how my Birthday was...It was goooood!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

  1. Tiffer Sniffer said...
    You often make me smile, and laugh, and giggle a little too, but now i'm in awe.....you're words should be published my dear. You have so many gifts I really admire you and your view of everything surrounding you. I'm glad to be a part of your movie! Let's skip down a boardwalk one day, holding hands (i want the hand with the freckle), drink lemonade, and be gleeful together talking about how lucky we are! I happen to like my movie too! Peace!
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    YOU are a beautiful girl!!
    logann elizabeth said...
    i love you silly tally

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home