Family Songs

We all have them. What are yours?

Mine are:

Three little birds~ Bob Marley  I used to sing this to Conner when he was little. And now he sings it. And occasionally I will hear him singing it in the other room and I stop whatever I'm doing and close my eyes and listen.

You've got the Money Honey ~ Willie Nelson  Conner learned this from driving around in BeBe's car. He makes his voice wiggle up and down whe he sings it so he cansound just like Willie. He loves it!

You Gotta Be~ Desree' I used to sing this song to Steph when she was little and I would put her on my hip and we would dance around. What a sweet baby girl.

Neon Moon~ Brooks & Dunn Mike can sing this song to perfection. It's funny because he is not a bar person and it's about that, but I love it.

Morning Has Broken~ Traditional We sing this in church sometimes and I just love it. It's kinda hard to sing, but on a beautiful Spring day when the windows are opened in the old meeting house you can hardly tell what year it is.

How Great Thou Art~ Grandpa Jim Sweeney's song, forever.

In the Garden~ Grandpa James Elisha Jobes song, forever and ever amen.

Bridge over Troubled Water~ Reminds me of BeBe for some reason. I think she told me she liked it once. I feel like it was after Grandpa Jim went to Heaven and she would hear it and cry.

Time after Time~ Cyndi Lauper  Makes me think of Poppa and Tiffani.

Teacher~George Michael~Makes me think of Pappa

Yellow Bird~Mills Brothers~ Poppa

Brandy~ reminds me of Christy

I like big butts~ Makes me think of Johnny because he knows all the words and it's the funniest song EVER!

Milk Shakes~ totes brill, can't help it.

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    i can remember being in my lil red
    station wagon ridin my lil way to
    Illinois listin to and trying to sing, You Gotta be...
    i do not think i ever complained (covered my ears and screamed)
    if kelly turned this up to loud.
    ... well unless it really was just
    too loud for my little baby ears!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home