JD

I am on a bit of a JD kick right now. But this is inspired by the entertainment weekly article I just read about him and Tim Burton. I also looove Tim Burton. Anyway the EW article, with Johnny on the cover, is so amazing. Like literally one of the top 10 EW articles I have read. It is so good, you must read it. He is just so humble and kind. And then as I was getting ready to write this post I saw another article about Johnny in People magazine and it also amazing. It must not the be article writers, it must be Johnny himself. Anyway, I shall post it here. He kinda sounds like Uncle Tom in this article. I can just imagine Johnny basking in the sun in the South of France and checking to see if his flowers and veggies have grown. Here you go:

He's been The Mad Hatter, Edward Scissorhands and Captain Jack Sparrow – and yet he dreams of cultivating a premium vino.

In a cover interview with French magazine VSD, on newsstands Thursday, Johnny Depp opens up in a rare discussion of his personal life, including a secret desire "to make wine. But I'll keep it for myself before daring to sell it commercially."

A longtime resident of Plan-de-la-Tour in southern France, Depp says, "in the Var where I live, it's very interesting. [The region is] notable for rosé and it's very good, though I prefer red myself."

Currently filming The Tourist in Venice with Angelina Jolie, Depp says living in France with longtime partner Vanessa Paradis and their two children, Lily-Rose, 10, and Jack, 7, "has given me everything. A marvelous family and also an equilibrium which I missed enormously.

"With Vanessa and the kids, we live in a sort of little village in the south and I have the impression of being in paradise," he continues. "It's a property of about 30 acres and you know what I do there? Absolutely nothing."

PEOPLE's current Sexiest Man Alive also admits, "there are times when I don't leave the property for three months at a time."

Depp says his lifestyle is a "truly simple existence" that's like "being on another planet. When I wake up I go look at my garden. I go see if my vegetables are growing, if certain flowers have started to bloom."

He also confesses that "everything revolves around" his children. "Where will we go for a walk? Should we eat at the house with them or maybe go for a picnic? These are the problems we face there," he says.



ps- I want some of his wine... yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home