My lovely lady weekend

Friday night I came home and there was a fire in the fire place! Kyndrick and Stevie watched Heathers. I brought home chinese food. Gayle and Fred stopped in and she made chocolate chip cookies and brought those over. She also brought Conner a dress shirt, slacks, vest and tie to wear to church. We made him try it on. It's dark navy blue with a pin stripe white shirt and red tie. We watched Paper Moon and Places of the Heart with Sally Field and Danny Glover. Oh Boy, is that My kind of movie! Does anyone remember it? It's during the depression and they start a cotton farm? Perfect friday night movie fare.
Saturday morning I went to church and re arranged the classroom to my very own needs. I love it. I put a circle on the floor with tape. That is a very Montessori thing to do but I love the circle and need it to survive. When everyone is sitting on the circle it's my favorite. I have kindergarten through fourth grade in my class. There are two other classes. pre school and then fifth grade and up. After that I went home and picked up Conner and we went and got his hair cut. Brenda, Katarina's Mom cut it.(Tiff,I tried to call you!) He got a Police academy cut. There was a guy from the police academy there and he said he wanted his haircut like Him. No more bed head for Conner for a while. He looks cute, but much older. We went to Blockbuster and to Marsh and then back home. Mike made a big pot of Chili and we watched Madagascar II and back to the future and then we watched the Secret Life of Bees.
Sunday morning we went to church and I only had two kids in my class including Conner but we are learning about Jacob in the Old Testament and he had two wives. That was fun trying to explain. This Old Testament curriculum is not easy. We have a giant flannel board with flannel Biblical figures that go on it. It's really something to see. I love how old school it is though and it's fun sticking all the people and stuff up there. We are starting a new series soon and it's hopefully more modern. Talk about Back to the Future! Anyway, Jacob married Rachel and her Sister Leah, apparently.(But he loved Rachel more) And we worked on memorizing all of the books of the Old Testament. I am learning and teaching at the same time. That's how I roll.
So, then after church Mike and I went to Lowe's and bought seeds for the garden. We came back and everyone helped plant three full trays of seeds in their little trays. It was fun! We planted veggies, herbs and flowers!We were all in the kitchen and Kyndrick was there and we were all arguing with each other about who is doing what,and how to do it,it was awesome! Except for Kyndrick, he was calm and patient. Conner was grabby and pushy, Stephanie was bossy,and Kayla needed a lot of direction. Mike just laughed and I made a big mess! It was perfect! And then Bebe came over and brought KFC! Then we watched Extremem Home Makeover.It was about a family where the Mom takes pictures of premature Babies and their families during their first few days of life. The pictures are beautiful and the woman was so sweet and the families were so touched by her photos. She does this for free because her son was premature and now he's like 5 or something. Very touching! And then we watched Silverado with a very young and CUTE Kevin Costner. Danny Glover and Kevin Cline were in in too. Well, that's pretty much it. It was a pretty awesome weekend!

1 Comment:

  1. Tori said...
    loove it(singing!)

    arent weekends awesome!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home