Hi Girls

I am pretty darn tired. I had to stuff & shrinkwrap 31 gift baskets for the trade show we are going to next month. Mercy me oh my. I'm too tired to think, to write. how sad. maybe I'll fashion a poem. hmmm.
I'll call it tired.

Tired.

Today I'm tired.
I stayed up later than usual last night.
When I woke up this morning it was raining outside and my room was dark.
I had things to do.
And only I could do them.
I had cheerios and coffee.
I got dressed in the den because my clean laundry was on the couch.
I took two advil.
Last night I had two glasses of wine.
And two beers.
I went out on a Monday night.
So, that is why I am so tired.
And it's still raining, and I still have things to do.
I made it through a nine hour work day and now it's time to drive home.
My husband called to say that he ordered pizza.
I'm wishing I had a chauffer.
I'm wishing I was on vacation.
Somewhere tropical and warm.
I'm sitting in my cubicle though.
I did get a new chair at work and it is very nice.
Very nice.
There is a giant hawk that flies by my window here at work,occasionally.
I am looking for him now.
Maybe he will be my chauffer.
He could fly me to somewhere tropical,perhaps.
He is big.
And I am still, like I said.
A little bit tired.
Maybe too tired, even, to eat pizza.
And that's pretty tired.
I could manage some soup.
Less chewing, more soothing.
Sleepy time soup.


I'm not sure that's even a poem.

4 Comments:

  1. hick said...
    i think that is my favorite poem ever! it pulls all together at the end with the hawk chauffering you to a tropical isle..beautifully written KELLY pOE hAEMMERLE
    Tori said...
    i like it!
    Tori said...
    I feel like stuffing baskets could be fun... maybe i am wrong.
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    No, it's fun, your right.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home