cHildHOOd MeMOrieS

1. Christy painting that skunk on the toilet lid pinching his nose. I still think that is so funny.
2. Christy painting on that huge canvas a little evergreen in the corner and the rest of it solid blue. I thought it was pure genius.
3. Cathy putting Estee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract on my face when it was sunburned.
4. Cathy cutting my hair into a short shag. yikes.
5. Kim weighing her head in the grocery store. giggle.
6. Me getting my wrists stuck in the dining room chair.
7. When BeBe won the camaro
8. When those guys stole the camaro
9. Antelope Club picnics and Christy throwing the rolling pin the farthest
10. Louie Peronko and his uni-cycle
11. Irene's tube tops and rubber flip flops
12. The smell of BeBe's butane lighter, it was a zippo with an antelope on it.
13. Those cute antelope club glasses.
14. Prime rib at the Antelope Club
15. gettin to sit in the bar at the Antelope Club.
16. When KiKi got the hot roller stuck in her hair at Chris & John's wedding.
17. Sammy Terry
18. Bananas Foster
19. Fresh Pineapple
20. Coolers of fresh crab and crawdads.
21. When Dad made me eat that soft shell crab.
22. When Marjorie BeBe moved to Japan.
23. When I got struck by lightning on the way to school and the pricniple didn't believe Me.
24. Hide and Go Seek
25. When I got in that fight with Lou Ann Poisel.
26. BeBe sitting with her friends under the tree in the front yard on lawn chairs with her friends. Smoking marlboro reds and drinking scotch when I got home from school.
27. Going to see a play at Arlington and that black guy sang Old Man River.
28. I went to see the King And I at starlight musicals with Stan and Dorothy and Tuna.
29. When Doritos were invented.
30. Big glass bottles of coka~cola.
31. When we went over to Arlington to see that car crash and we wern't supposed to and I cried and got everyone in trouble. I think the Premores were in town.
32. Getting in trouble for listening to a George Carlin album. I think the Jobes were in town.
33. When Grandma Essie and Grandpa Jim would come to visit with their friends in their big moblie home. Shorty Geisler?
34. Big parties with sharades(the plastic giant mayo jar with the red lid that we kept the sharades in) and blended drinks and ribs on the grill.
35. To Your Door Pizza
36. When Kims friend threw a ball in the house and broke the green glazed flaminco dancer (the guy dancer, not the girl)Bebe glued him back together.
37. Going to the ceramic shop with KiKi.
38. Going to La Tours for dinner. Is that the right name?

Well, some of those memories may be confused but once I started I couldn't stop.

1 Comment:

  1. Kelly Haemmerle said...
    It was a boy. And I think it was a pillow, not a ball. Maybe it was one of Cathy's friends. Could have been Rick Springer. I don't know who stole the car but they were teenage boys going for a joy ride and left it in the parking lot of the bowling alley or something. Mom thought they must have been friends of the family because they knew where the keys hung in the kitchen.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home