Weekends!



I absolutely love the weekend. What I love the most about it is the slow-pace. Plus, on the weekends I try to put everything aside, so Jake and I can just hang out, worry-free. Last night, he did convince me to run up to the liquor store (& i did decide I should put a bra on), only because he agreed to take me to Bed Bath & Beyond so I could get a new sponge for my dishes (hahaha- i know i know - old lady). Anyway, we came back home and sat around drinking & listening to some music. I tried a little dancing with Mav, but I mostly took the main stage solo, using the remote as my mic to sing some Whitney (I even tried "I wanna dance with somebody" but it didnt prove to encourage anyone). For some reason, I guess he didn't have enough liquor in him yet, Jake did not join me, but he did have fun laughing at me. Oh, and I discovered Mango Jack, which is mango rum! I used it to make a strawberry daquiri which was delish! I called it a manberry daquiri or stango, I'm not sure which will stick yet.

This morning we slept in and headed to Publix (a sunday morning ritual). We have plans to make some delicious chili for dinner. We also finally got to eat at a new Chinese Restaurant that opened right next to Publix, less than a mile from our house. So we got some chinese take-out and it passed the test. Jake said that the mexican restaurant we normally go to is going to have a run for its money. Now I am just sitting here blogging, with a belly full of Chinese, while Jake is working on making a rustic italian loaf in the bread machine. We'll probably wind up watching a movie this afternoon. So perfect. What is it that is so special about the weekends? I mean, we are doing nothing really, but each moment seems special. Plus I have on the perfect weekend attire, my fav jeans, a button-up flannel (casual yet classic) and air-dryed hair (wavy--not straight-- more natural!) and of course uggs!

I want to hear all about everyone's weekend rituals. The only thing that would make my weekend any better would be a walk in the neighborhood or park with Mavy, which we just might do! Loove it. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend with their loved ones as much as me.

ohhh--- plus we have the oscars tonite! can't wait to chat about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home