The year my life changed

Mike invited Linda, Ernie, Stevie, Me and Katarina over for dinner one night at his home in Pine Knoll. He had just moved in and he wanted to have us over for hamburgers. But he didn't have a grill, I guess. Linda told him to just put them under the broiler. Well, he damn near burned the house down. The fire alarm was wailing and it was smoky and funny. I thought that there might be something about him that I liked that night. The next night he called me and we talked on the phone for the longest time. We just seemed to get a long. Even though we seemed so different from each other, we really wern't. I was really happy when I was with Mike. He made me feel safe and he made me laugh. That was eight years ago. If you ask me, Marriage is a miracle sent straight from God. How else could it work? I think our children are lucky to have parents who love each other and get along so well. Sometimes we don't have enough money or they have to make their own dinner or we make them do all the chores, but those things aren't so bad. We are lucky it's worked so far with each of us bringing a child into the marriage and then having Conner. I love our home in South Harbour. I especially love the fact that I've lived there for eight years. Mike and I hit the ground running when we made this little family of ours. Just like the song he wrote for me,"Like a ready made family just sittin' on the shelf, don't think I've ever had such fun." Before I met Mike I said a prayer and asked God to send Me a Man who would treat me the way My Grandpa Jim treated Grandma Essie." When I found out that Mike shared Grandpa's birthday I honestly thought I might pass out. Maybe it's a coincidence. But what's not a coincedence is that He tells Me that he loves me every day. And he shows Me that He loves me every day. He's got a big heart and He loves to laugh. He changed My life when I met him. I know God made him especially for me. Life's a funny thing ya know. It's kind of like a box of chocolates, sometimes, if you're lucky.

1 Comment:

  1. Tori said...
    mike truly is special! love love love him and love that you two love each other.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home