One beautifully written post

My friend Will wrote this and posted it on our church blog, it's so beautiful I wanted to share it with you. hope you likey.

Journey through Darkness and Light

I have walked through darkness and I have looked to things for comfort and numbness and newness and relief that only left me in that same darkness. I have wandered in a blindness that I could not see and followed those who were also blind. I have hurt those closest to me and I have felt that same hurt with no resources within me to bridge the gap - the chasm that anger and ignorance create. I have been helpless; I have been hopeless; I have been heartless - I have been numb to the world because I felt it was what I must do to extinguish the pain in my heart - in my soul. I saw my father wither away because he could not come to terms with the demons ripping his life away from him. From the age of sixteen he wandered through that same darkness, but he never found the light he needed to free himself from the chains of sin and sadness that plagued him until he could do nothing but let himself drown in the blackness around him. I wish I could go back and share with him what I have found. I wish he would not have given up on finding the light that we all have deep inside us. Being able to hand everything in my life over to Christ and to know that He is with me and guiding me at all times gives me such peace of mind - more than any art, any poetry, any music, more than silence, more than nature, more than sun, or moon, or stars. We are so lucky to have a savior who is the embodiment of love and who is active every single day in our lives and in the world around us. His grace rains down on us and we do not even stop to feel the drops wash over our faces. He is Light He is Love He is Joy He is Hope He is Freedom He is life. I am so lucky to have found such an amazing group of people to share my life and my path in Christ with. What a family we have become and what friends have we met through this church. I am truly in awe of the Holy Spirit and how it continues to weave into the fabric of Hinkle Creek. Thank you all so much and thank you Jesus.

1 Comment:

  1. Tori said...
    lovely.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home