So I had a really great experience yesterday! As part of our realtor's services she has a home stager come over and give suggestions on how to set up the house for when we put it on the market (which will officially be this sunday!). It was so much fun. We went through the house together and she just gave suggestions about how to change things around and emphasize the positive points of your home while minimizing other things! Anyway, I made a whole page worth of notes on things to do to get the house ready. She was such a great help, I definitely needed an extra set of eyes. Therefore, this may seem a little weird, but does anyone have an extra queen sized bed lying around anywhere? We have a king in our room and so unfortunately it has become the focus of the room. She said a queen would be much better and since we will def be sticking with a king in the long run we are def not going to be going out and buying one! So anway, let me know!

I have been rearranging everything and packing up even more stuff. Jake is such a packrat that it drives me crazy! I am the type of person who just throws it aways, especially if I haven't touched or used it in the last 6 months. Jake on the other hand has all this collectable stuff that just sits around. And he won't throw away electronic stuff because he may need it "one day"! AHH! Anyway, I am using the home staging as my scapegoat to get him to get everything out. Isn't is crazy how we just collect so much stuff. So much stuff you don't even know you have or realize how much of it you have until you really go through it all. So exhausting, that's why I would rather just toss it so it won't bog down the next house.

I am working tomorrow and then on Friday I have quite the busy schedule. I have graduation practice at 10, lunch at 12 and pinning at 5! So much fun. Then graduation on Saturday morning at 10! Then I will probably be spending the rest of the weekend around the house. I can't believe how close my trip to indy is, I just cannot wait!

2 Comments:

  1. Boo said...
    Will is getting rid of a double bed, I think he plans on leaving it in West Lafayette. Just think how cozy that would be???
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    The pinning ceremony sounds glorious! What a great feeling that will be! Congratulations and snaps for you for all the hard work!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home