I cannot believe that it is nearly 2 in the afternoon and no blog has been posted for today! What is this world coming too! You all can be jealous because Kiki and I have a lunch rendezvous tomorrow afternoon before class! We are going to go to Dan McGuinness & catch up! It has been absolutely beautiful down here in Nashville so I have been trying to get outside as much as possible. It has been so nice, in fact, that we have been shutting off the air and opening the windows!

I at Ramen today for lunch. Now, back in the day I used to love me some Ramen. My mom would always make it when I was sick and I would eat it on non-sick days as well. Everyone always told me that I would no longer choose to eat Ramen after college and I did not believe them. I LOVED ramen. It was so quick and tasty. Then college came and I was like yes! I get to put my true love for Ramen to the test. And I did for two years. Now it has taken me nearly to two years to eat it again! Ugh, I did get a little sick of it. But there was really nothing else that I could make in my dorm room so quickly and easily. So, for two years, I ate a lot of Ramen, but I think I must have overdone it. Ever since I have moved out of the dorm life I just have not had the urge to eat Ramen, until this last week! I decided to buy some at the store, because for the first time in a long time it actually sounded appetizing. And today I finally indulged and I feel that my love for Ramen is back. Now, it may not be as full-fledged, but at least now I want to eat it and can enjoy it again, just as in the olden days! haha, so that is my random ramen story.

Oh, and of course I ate it with buttered saltines, just like mom would make it! Does anyone else have a Ramen story?

Also! I have been selected to have my first interview for the Vanderbilt Pediatric Nurse Residency Program! yay! For those of you who I haven't spoken to about this it is a program for new nurses to help them go from being a student nurse to a professional nurse! For a few months I will continue to take classes and practice my skills at Vanderbilt specific to Pediatrics. Then I will get to rotate through the different pediatric units and kind of "test" them out. After I am done with the rotations I will get matched with a unit and voila! I will be given a preceptor who will help me get used to being a real nurse on that unit! It is quite an endless process and the interviews are supposedly extremely hardcore, but for pediatrics there is really no better place in Nashville that Vandy, so it will provide a really great jumping off point for my career! So, I am super stressed about it and my interview is scheduled for Monday at 5p so I have to work on my interview skills and a power outfit! Eek! My first real job interview!

4 Comments:

  1. logann elizabeth said...
    I personally love Ramen if it is the creamy chicken. We have the plain chicken in our dorm and it is easy to get sick off. gabby now has what i had and i have made her a couple bowls of it.
    Tori said...
    bummer! I hope she gets better! I have never had creamy chicken, just the reg. chick. maybe i will try that next.
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Love the Ramen ramblings, and to good end, we never would have known about creamy ramen. Is that a south thing? Lo-If we can't find it here you may have to mail us a package. Express. I know I will loooove it!
    Boo said...
    I had ramen for lunch today and of course a sleeve of crackers and a stick of butter to wash it down. I think we might need to go shopping for an interview suit on Saturday...hummmmm???

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home