OK ladies here it goes!!!!!!!!!!!! It is wet, cold and yukie, my house smells of wet dog but ha I am one happy girl. I am off today, two days in a row, Hunter has his last final today and he is headed home, Lo heads home tomorrow. What more can a girls ask for!

Cooking tip for the day. I just learned the other day to insure proper results it is best to weigh flour rather then measure. One cup of flour is 4.5 ounces. So with that in mind:

Grandma Gracies Waffles:

9oz sifted flour
3 t baking powder
2 T sugar
1 t salt
2 eggs separated
1 1/2 to 3/4 c mild
6 T melted shortenin

Mix and sift dry ingredients, add egg yolks, milk and shortening. Beat thoroughly. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. The absolute best waffles ever.

I took her Waffle recipe and adapted it to pancakes:
9oz flour
3t baking powder
2 T sugar
1 t salt
3 eggs
1 c milk (approx.)
Same process

Enjoy!!!!

6 Comments:

  1. Cathy Rogers said...
    Sorry for the spelling errors I cought it to late!
    Unknown said...
    I couldn't care less about the spelling. I am merely enchanted by your presence!
    Unknown said...
    Thank you for the recipe!
    Unknown said...
    love the bit about weighing flower. new info! But I don't have a scale, but I still like the idea of it and will be sure to drop that tidbit into casual convo around the office.
    Tori said...
    yes love the info and glad you finally posted you little invisible lady... so glad the kiddies are coming home. is lo driving or flying?
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Yeah, that was me accidentally commenting as Steph. It sounds funny cuz she don't talk like that.I'm glad, it sounds weird. Maybe, I sound weird...*crickets* naaah! I'm silly. A friend of mine, Addison, she's 3, came over last night and I said something dumb and then I said "I'm so silly." And she said you're not silly, your Kelly. I just giggled because I thought "Oh honey child you have no idea." I had about 12 peeps over from church last night and I made.....drumroll please,.,.,.,.,.pigs in a blanket! Thanks Tori! You rock my world!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home