2008 recap

1. I had my gallbladder succesfully removed. (Yeah!) After suffering for seven years, (Dang fool)
2. Started new job
3. I saw Lion King
4. I got a new car
6. I baked my first pumpkin pie with homemade crust
7. I made home made ranch dressing... twice(watch out!)
8. I learned how to make french knots. (sewing technique) Thank you, Ann.
9. I learned the difference between the two kinds of truffles
10. Oh, I learned that whole thing about Mariska Hartigay and who her parents are and in my defense, I don't watch that show... by the way... not that I eat a lot of truffles either, but I digress.
11. I read Lonesome Dove
12. I'm a Silly Tally! I realized how little I know, which makes me totes brill because that is the essence of smartness. Realizing how little one knows. That's what my Dad told me and at the ripe old age of forty four I am supremely humbled by my vast lack of knowledge and it feels good. I have been wrong so many times it finally had to come to this. I don't know one whole hell of a lot about much of anything. What a liberating concept that is. I'm still curious and I'm still full of hope and even faith but, dang it, I finally realize how much I really don't know and that makes me totes brill and so glad I'm so old and so wise, yet dumbfoundingly, happily ignorant. Realizing how much you really don't know is what makes you smart. That's what WLC said. And I do declare, the Man was right. Exhale.

Come on Girls, I can't wait to see your personal recaps, declarations and accomplishments, however profound or mundane. Although having my gallbladder removed was the biggie for me and taught me a lot about keeping your sense of humor and being grateful for painkillers and good healthcare and family, reading LONESOME DOVE was a definite highlight. Sometimes it's the little things, like french knots, that can mean the very most. Show me what you got, I can't wait.
S.T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home