There is a story about a 92 year old man that is moving into a retirement village and when he arrives his room is not ready, so, he sits in the lobby and waits. Finally, the nurse comes out and tells him his room is ready and to please follow her. On the way to his room she tells him that she hopes he like it. He says, "Oh, yes, I like it very much." And she looks at him and says, "How do you know you like it? You haven't even seen it yet." And he says, I've already decided I like it. Happiness is something I choose in advance. It's already decided in my mind that I like the room."

I am so going to do this about everything from now on. A perfect example is when a child brings you something they painted or colored. Before you even see it you know you will love it. That is because you are reacting to their efforts in a loving manner. Like, I already decided I'm going to have a relaxing, enjoyable and fulfilling and meaningful weekend with my family. I will like my present, I will like my bed. I will like the weather and I will like it very much when I have to go back to work on Monday. Because, that's my choice to make every morning.

Free your heart from hate
Free your mind from worry
Live simple
Give more
Expect less

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home