canned biscuits

Ha! I made home made donuts like Mom usta make when we were little and it took me back to 4061 N. Webster. Cept' I don't have a perfume bottle lid to make the holes. I just cut them in half and make little crescent moons out of them. And they look like Grand ma Gracie's Mexican wedding cakes. Especially instead of doing them all in cina/sugar I covered some with powered sugar. It's like poor Man's benet's. Which took me back to the sunny slopes of long ago at Cafe' DuMond in the french quarter. Oh, if only I had been a coffee drinker then. And if only I read the newspaper then. I would have had chickory with my benet and read the new york times or WSJ. But I would still inadvertently in hale powdered sugar and choke on it. lllloooooove it.

2 Comments:

  1. Kelly Haemmerle said...
    in hale..haha
    Tori said...
    i lovemaking those donut holes!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home