Hi guys! I am sitting here doing homework, which means I am studying for my big licensure exam (I get the pleasure of doing about 4,000 practice questions this semester) and Jake reminded me that I needed to update you all on our bread machine adventures. We absolutely love it and there is nooo way that we are cutting carbs out of our diet this year. And I know I have already talked about the bread machine, but I truly love it so and it needs to be detailed further so that your mouth will be watering when you walk into my condo and visit. You will be begging me for a hot slice of bread. Plus, now I have pics of our best loaf-to-date!

Our first foray into the breadmaking was with a traditional french baguette (Jake's choice). It was good, but apparently we didn't get the flour quite right (we used regular, when bread flour is better). It still tasted good, but it did not rise perfectly.

Next, I made a delicous lemon poppy seed loaf and it was just to die for. It was all we could do not to eat it entirely while it was still hot. We always break the rule of letting it cool before slicing. I mean we have to try at least a tiny bite!

After that I tried one of my favs, banana walnut bread, minus the walnuts. Again, it was super delicous and it didn't last more than a few days.

This last weekend, Jake was in charge of choosing the next loaf and surprise, surprise he wanted to try the beer bread! It was absolutely perfect. He used a light beer so it really had no beer flavor, but it was still yumm-o. He wants to try a darker beer next time so it will have a stronger beer taste I guess, but why mess with perfection?

As I blog, I am making a Sarah Lunn loaf. Now, I had no idea who Sarah Lunn, but my little handy-dandy recipe book tells me that She was an englishwoman who created this bread in her tiny bakery in Bath, England. The recipe was brought over to the colonies and soon became a favorite in the south! I decided it was only right to make a southern bread, in the south-- plus I already had all the ingredients! It is currently rising, but I will be sure to let you know how it goes. I have no doubt it will be DE-licious!

I will make you something when you come to visit!

ps- Jake got made at me for taking a picture of our extraordinary bread moment, but I told him these are the little things that we will want to remember for the rest of our lives and mark our lives together as a young couple ;) can't to see what he has to say when he sees I have posted them on the blog-- just sharing our memories honey! Plus that bread looks AMAZING!

3 Comments:

  1. Tori said...
    ha- i just noticed mavy's ear in the bottom of the first pic... his floppy one.
    Boo said...
    Tori you are going to motivate your Dad. He's been taking about wanting to bake bread, maybe I should just break down and buy him a bread machine??? Glad to see you are enjoying your Christmas Gift, Martha. Keep up the good work.
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    it's cute!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home