Christine Rosamond 1947-1994



Cathy used to have two of Christine's prints hanging in her home. I actually think KiKi, you may have had them in your apartment first. Do you remember? Well, I always loved them and so I looked Rosamond up on the computer and I found these. The colors and the mood and the use of negative space is so feminine and free. It was the 70's when her work became so popular and it was an interesting time for women. Rosamond is from Carmel, California I believe. I would actually just stare at her signature I thought it was so cool. (Those of you who know me, which you all do, will not find this little bit of info surprising.) So, thank you KiKi for being so awesomely cool and introducing me to Rosamond. And you also introduced me to Fleetwood Mac. Still my favorite. In that apartment you had this beautiful burled oak desk that your stereo sat on. And you had wandering jews in your little apartment too. And you had that orange stripey couch and you had bittersweet hanging in a bundle on the wall. It was your first apartment off of like 71st street or something. Didn't you and Dad use to play tennis there? I was staring at the wall and you guys were playing tennis. Very telling. What was the name of those apartments? I can't remember right now. I love the 70's I'm sorta stuck there~ But when you look at these pics who can blame me really? So serene and cool and wispy. far out.
Kelly~ art & music contributor

2 Comments:

  1. Boo said...
    OMG...I'm right back to Villa Paree and it's 1975. Do you know how hard it is to find bundles of bittersweet these days?? Did Dad ever give you one of those sweaty hugs? I got one when he nailed me square in the head with a racquet ball, talk about bittersweet - ouch!!
    BOO
    Kelly Haemmerle said...
    Yes! It's hard to find isn't it? I bought some from a lady on Oak Road one year. (right behind Ritters.) I think she had persimmons too. (Remember Grandpa's persimmon tree?) And Grandma's green beans? Villa Paree! OMG! I saw Denise Fields last night! She was ushering at the Murat. I said Denise!,Hi! It's me, Kelly,Cathy Clark's sister. And we hugged and she had to go. Then after the show she said. "Kelly, next time I see you you don't have to introduce yourself, I know who you are!" I saw two other people I knew as well. I'm such the Gal about town!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home